The Illinois Tollway Technical Assistance program is administered by the Illinois Black Chamber of Commerce (ILBCC).
The Illinois Tollway Authority in partnership with The Illinois Black Chamber of Commerce provides in-depth, long term technical assistance over two or more years to small, diverse and veteran contractors. The goal is to provide technical assistance intervention in all areas of business development required to become effective heavy highway construction contractors.
Examples of this hands on assistance includes
- Long term mentor-ship model
- Facilitating access to capital & guidance in financing & bonding assistance options
- IDOT pre-qualification submittal assistance for specialty firms
- Accounting system assistance, including certified payroll reports, change orders & project close outs
- Proactive community government relations & construction industry outreach
- One on one counseling
The Illinois Black Chamber of Commerce Technical assistant program format is primarily 1on1 customized solution specific to your business needs with some workshop and networking events. Duration of technical assistance and training is provided on as need basis.
How to apply:
- Submit a complete Technical Assistance Program Application.
- An assessment will be conducted by the provider to determine applicant’s needs and review program guidelines.
- A technical assistance plan will be developed to assist participants with business needs.
Applications who do not meet program criteria will be referred to other resources.
Access to capital/Financing
Business management and business operations
CDB/IDOT pre-qualification application assistance
Office 365 Cloud and Office
Prevailing wage and labor issues
QuickBooks for contractors
Strategic planning and partnership development