The Illinois Tollway Technical Assistance program is administered by ILBCC
The Illinois Tollway Authority in partnership with Illinois Black Chamber of Commerce provides in-depth, long term technical assistance over two or more years to small, diverse and veteran contractors. The goal is to provide technical assistance intervention in all areas of business development required to become effective heavy highway construction contractors.
Examples of this hands on assistance includes
- Long term mentor-ship model
- Facilitating access to capital & guidance in financing & bonding assistance options
- IDOT pre-qualification submittal assistance for specialty firms
- Accounting system assistance, including certified payroll reports, change orders & project close outs
- Proactive community government relations & construction industry outreach
- One on one counseling
The Illinois Black Chamber of Commerce Technical Assistant Program format is primarily one-on-one customized solution specific to your business needs with some workshop and networking events. Duration of technical assistance and training is provided on as need basis.
Services Provided Include, But Not Limited To
- Access to capital/Financing
- Business management and business operations
- Estimating/Bid Assistance
- CDB/IDOT pre-qualification application assistance
- Microsoft Project
- Office 365 Cloud and Office
- Dynamics Software
- Prevailing wage and labor issues
- Project management/Scheduling
- QuickBooks for contractors
- Safety/Field operations
- Strategic planning and partnership development
- Website development
How to apply:
Step 1. Submit a complete Technical Assistance Program Application.
Step 2. An assessment will be conducted by the provider to determine applicant’s needs and review program guidelines.
Step 3. A technical assistance plan will be developed to assist participants with business needs.
Applicants who do not meet program criteria will be referred to other resources.
If you have questions or need more information, contact Janis Ivory today.
180 N Stetson | Suite 3500 | Chicago, IL 60601 | Phone: 312-201-4102
322 7th Street | Rockford, IL 61104 | Phone: 815-860-0730
Small Business and Contractors Academy | 668 Lenox Avenue | Waukegan, 60085 | Phone: 224-480-4342