On May 15, 2020, Larry Ivory, President and CEO of the Illinois Black Chamber of Commerce participate in the Access to Capital for Minority Entrepreneurs and Small Business During the Crisis Webinar Series. The series is hosted by the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, Financial Department. Yolanda Daniel, Vice President Finance and Chief Procurement Office of the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago led this event.
The program aids minority businesses in the Payroll Protection Program (PPP) application and post award/approval processes.
This program is provided by Comer Capital Group in partnership with the Chicago Urban League and other partners. Here is a link to the presentation.
Business community partners include:
- Larry Ivory, President and CEO of the Illinois Black Chamber of Commerce
- Dr. Karen A. Eng, President and CEO, CSMI Board Chair of National ACE
- Jaime de Paulo, President and CEO of the Illinois Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (HCC)
- Ashley Bell, White House Policy Advisor, SBA Regional Director; Founder CEO, 20/20 Bipartisan Justice Center
- Rodrigo Garcia, Deputy Treasurer, Chief Investment Officer and Chief Financial Officer, Illinois State Treasury
- Brandon Comer, Managing Partner, Comer Capital Group, LLC; CEO CCG Asset Management
Purpose: Driving awareness of key capital sources to minority and small businesses during this time of crisis.
Webinar 1: The SBA Payroll Protection Program and Beyond
Webinar 2: Community Development Financial Institutions and Foundations
Webinar 3: CARES Act Programs